Gussy up your beverages with these fun and easy water bottle overalls! From barnyard bashes to John Deere parties, they’re sure to have guests kicking up their heels in no time.
You will need:
- Water bottles (we used 8-ounce bottles)
- 9 inches of Rustic Indigo Ribbon
- Hot glue (or double-sided tape)
- Clear packing tape
- Silver or gray puffy paint
- John Deere Hat Cupcake Picks
To make the girl farmers, you’ll also need:
Instructions: (Click on images to view full size)
1. Wrap a 9 inch piece of ribbon around the water bottle and hot glue into place. Use double-sided tape or self-adhesive velcro if you want to save your overalls.
2. Place a 4.25 inch long piece of the ribbon face down and lay a piece of packing tape down the back. Trim away any overhanging tape.
3. Cut the taped ribbon into two strips. These will be your overall straps. Notice how the tape gives the ribbon body? Now the straps will stand up a little better! It also helps prevent fraying.
4. Glue the ends of the ribbon, tape side down, to the front and back of the “overalls”. Leave the tops of the straps loose.
5. Cut a little rectangle out of the scrap ribbon. Hot glue it to the ribbon on the front of the bottle, like a little bib pocket.
6. Trim with a piece of thin twine. If your twine is too big (like ours), unravel it and just use one strand.
7. Apply a small dot of fabric paint to the bottom of each strap. You could also use a tiny button or a piece of foil confetti. (Or rhinestones for girls!)
8. Break off the pick from one of the hat picks. Glue the hat to the water bottle cap. All done!
Once you learn how to make Water Bottles with Overalls, you can create the girl version! Follow the steps above, but omit step 6. Instead, do the following:
1. Tape the back of the pink gingham ribbon like you did in the steps above.
2. Cut a small rectangle and a long strip out of the ribbon. These pieces will be your farmer’s apron!
3. Glue the strip around the middle of the bottle and trim the ends if needed.
4. Glue the rectangle on the front, and decorate it if you like. (We added a little heart cutout from the rustic indigo ribbon.) Glue the pink hat to the bottle cap.
Now your farmer friends are ready to decorate the party barn!