Show your guests how to make a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Lantern, or surprise the guest-of-honor with the whole crazy crew displayed over the party table. This quick and easy decoration will have all of your guests saying, “Whoa, dude! How’d you make that righteous turtle?”
Learn how to make a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Lantern here!
You Will Need:
- Lime green round paper lantern (we used a 10 inch)
- Orange, blue, red, and purple crepe paper streamers
- Paper or cardstock
- Glue or tape
Instructions: (Click on images to view full size)
1. Wrap a length of streamer around the lantern and cut it to fit. Don’t attach it just yet.
2. Locate the middle of the streamer and cut openings for eyes. An easy way to do this is to fold the streamer in half and cut out a half-leaf shape. Repeat for the second eye. (You can also simply cut eye shapes out of white paper, and glue them onto the streamer.)
3. Lay the streamer on a flat surface, and tape a strip of white paper to the back, over the eye-holes.
4. Tape or glue the finished mask around the lantern, and it’s turtle time!
You can stop here, or you can add a silly mouth using a marker and paper.
Now that you know how to make a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Lantern, make the whole crew…
…using the streamers as masks!