BARNEY BIRTHDAY PARTY SUPPLIES
For easy party planning, order your party supplies from Birthday Direct.
Then use this party planning guide for ideas on games, decorations, and activities. Barney party supplies celebrate the joy of dancing and music!
WHO IS BARNEY?
Barney is a purple Tyrannosaurus Rex who conveys learning through songs and small dance routines with a friendly, optimistic attitude. He was created in 1987 by Sheryl Leach. He comes to life through a child’s mind. His favorite saying is, “Super dee-duper.” He eats his fruits and veggies and he loves a good peanut butter and jelly sandwich with milk.
He was later joined by his friends, Baby Bop, BJ, and Riff. Baby Bop is a three year old Triceratops. She carries a yellow security blanket and wears a pink bow and pink ballet slippers. She loves to eat macaroni and cheese and pizza. BJ is a seven year old Protoceratops. He is Baby Bop’s older brother. He wears a red baseball cap and red sneakers. He loves to eat pickles. Riff is a six year old Hadrosaur and he is Baby Bop and BJ’s cousin. He wears green sneakers and he likes to invent things.
Birthday Direct has matching latex balloon, streamer, and curling ribbon sets for Barney.
- Make name tags to place at each place setting. Let your child trace the names on the card.
- Use a bouquet of coordinating latex balloons and Barney Supershape Foil Balloons to make a spectacular centerpiece.
- Hang streamer from doorways and wrap them around columns to give a terrific look to your party room or to decorate the outside of your house for the party.
- Use curling ribbon with the latex balloons so you can tie them down or cut the curling ribbon into confetti to use on your gift table.
- The children will sing and dance when they see what an amazing Barney cake you have. The easiest way to cut a cake is with dental floss or even fishing line. Knives cutting through icing and cake can get very messy. You can serve cupcakes instead of cake if you would like. Place Musical Notes Pearlized Picks in each cupcake and let the singing begin.
- Add a twist to your birthday beverages with Barney fruit floats. Use a sippy cup to keep spills to a minimum. Add grape juice and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The sippy cups also make great party favors.
- Cut veggies into small pieces so the children can eat them. Get creative and cut them into fun shapes. Set out dressing for dipping in a sturdy plastic container.
- Cookie cutter sandwiches are fun to make and eat. Make your sandwiches from your choice in bread and add turkey or ham with cheese. Then let the children cut the sandwiches into shapes with plastic cookie cutters.
- Serve dinosaur chicken nuggets. These can be found in the frozen food section at your grocery store.
GAMES AND ACTIVITIES
BARNEY encourages creativity and so you should too. Have a simple activity the kids will all enjoy.
- Blow lots of bubbles or get a bubble blowing machine. Add some fun music.
- Stuffed animal toss is fun for all ages. Divide the children into teams and give each child a laundry basket. Let them toss a stuffed animal from their basket and try to make it in another child’s basket.
- Fill a pinata with candy and small toys. Give each child a chance to pull a ribbon or multiple chances if you have just a few children at the party. When the correct string is pulled, the trap door will open and all the goodies will come falling out. Make sure each child is able to grab some candy and toys.
- Painting with Barney shows children how to mix colors to make a different color. Show the children how you can add red paint with blue paint to make purple paint. Let them mix their own paint on craft paper. They should paint Barney or their favorite dinosaur.
- Play where is Barney?. Have one child hide a stuffed Barney doll. Then that child should give clues or hints to the other children who are looking for Barney.
- Have story time. The children should sit on a rug or mat around the adult who is reading the story. The adult should be animated with the story and ask the children a lot of questions.
- Have your party at your local recreation center. There will be plenty of room for the children to run and play. If your child’s birthday falls in the winter or cold months then you can have your terrific party at home.
- Set up a movie theater and play some Barney episodes. Have popcorn and juice boxes for the children to enjoy as they watch Barney.
- Have a purple sprinkler set up outside. Once the children have eaten and the birthday child has opened presents, let them jump through the water and have a splashin’ good time.
- Dress up as Barney for party. This would make a great photo opportunity.