Plan a fun-filled Backyardigans birthday party with Uniqua, Pablo, Tyrone, Tasha, and Austin and their vivid imaginations to transform yourbackyard into a fantastic landscape, and together embark on amazing epic journey. Backyardigans Party Supplies will inspire children at your kid’s party to dance, sing, and stretch their imaginations. Birthday Direct has a terrific selection of Backyardigans Party Supplies, decorations, and favors for you to choose from at excellent discount prices. Don’t forget to take advantage of our FREE shipping offer too.
Party Decorating Ideas
A fun idea for this theme is to decorate your party area based on your child’s favorite Backyardigans character. For example, decorating in all polka dots if he or she likes Uniqua; in all purple for Austin; or in shades of yellow for Tasha.
- If you are not holding the party outside, lay down green butcher paper or cellophane wrap on the floor of the party area to give the impression of being outside. Set up fake trees along the walls as well.
- Set out any Backyardigans plush toys or figurines that your child may already have. These work well for centerpieces and decorations for windowsills.
- Cut large flowers out of colorful felt or construction paper and tack them to the walls of the party area.
- Play Backyardigans music (they have their own CD!) as background music during the party.
Party Food Ideas
- Ritz crackers with slices of cheese and meat
- Colorful jellybeans
- Vegetables: Cut your child’s favorite vegetables into small pieces and serve with dressing for dipping.
- Sandwiches: Use simple shaped cookie cutters to make cute little finger sandwiches. Make cheese, peanut butter and jelly, and turkey sandwiches so each guest has choices.
- Pizza is always a hit with children
- Make jello in a shallow pan in bright-colored flavors like cherry, lime, and blue raspberry. Once the jello sets, cut out star and flower shapes with cookie cutters.
Encourage creativity and imagination with simple activities and games related to the Backyardigans characters. Play Backyardigans music during the party.
- Hidden Treasure Hunt – Hide small Backyardigans party favors throughout the party area and let the kids look for the treats. Have a helper guide kids who can’t find their prize. You can hide the party favors and have the hunt right before the party ends as an exciting grand finale.
- Hot Potato – Have the children sit in a circle on the floor. Give a Backyardigans TY Beanie Baby Pablo or Uniqua (or their favorite character) to the birthday child. Turn on Backyardigans music and have the children pass the Backyardigan character to the left. Stop the music. The child left with the Backyardigan in his or her hands can turn the music off on the next turn. The last child left without the Backyardigan in his or her hands gets to keep the stuffed Backyardigan! Give all the other children who played the game a Backyardigans sticker.